THE WORLD OF GLACIERS, AN UNFORGETTABLE DISCOVERY!
Discover the Mer de Glace, the last big glacier in the Alps!
Take an interest and learn about its evolution whilst observing the majestic peaks of the Mont Blanc massif that surround it, as well as the imposing seracs of the Glacier du Géant.
Your guide will teach you how to use crampons that allow you to walk on ice as well try ice climbing with ice axes: your first steps as a mountaineer!
Required level: Good physical condition required (being able to hike at altitude for a full day). No mountaineering experience is required.
These rates include:
- A professional mountain guide during your journey
- All the safety equipment : ropes, snap hooks...
These rates do not include:
- Your personal belongings,
- Your round trip ticket fare for the "Montenvers" train (35 € per person).
Your glacier hiking equipment
- Technical equipment: 45 Litre backpack, crampons, walking pole, ice pick, mountaineering boots, climbing harness and a helmet,
- Clothing: hiking pants, fleece jacket, windproof jacket, gloves...
- Additional equipment: Sunglasses, sunscreen, food and drinks.
- Safety equipment: Ropes, snap hooks...
Booking Policy Full payment is required at reservation.
- 20% is non refundable at time of booking.
- Less than 15 days and up to 7 days before the start of your activity: 20% is forfeited plus a 15€ administration fee is applicable on any reservation less than 300€. A 30€ administration charge is applicable on any reservation of 300€ or more.
- 100% forfeited if cancelled within 7 days prior to activity starts.
- Reservation changes after a service/activity is confirmed is subject to a $35 change fee.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, The provider shall not be held liable for any harm, injury or damage sustained by any participant during any the performance of any activity. The provider holds public liability insurance which shall only be used and activated when The provider is found to be at fault by a competent court of justice.
The provider does not insure participants during the performance of any activity and strongly recommends that each participant purchases separate individual accident or travel insurance from a company of their choice.
All participants shall be responsible for their own actions and shall take responsibility for their own person and those around them. All participants shall be held fully responsible for any harm, injury or damage occasioned by them to any third party.
All participants accept and acknowledge that The provider’s public liability insurance shall not cover such incidents.
In the event of an accident, the instructor shall initiate and manage the rescue and evacuation procedures until the arrival of the on-site competent authority (piste security, fire brigade, doctor, police,etc.).
The provider shall complete an accident report with the relevant instructor and the same shall be communicated to the injured party.
All costs associated with the accident, including any costs of assistance and evacuation shall be borne by the participant.
In the case of an accident or sickness which prevents the person from participating in an activity, The provider will not provide a direct refund. The provider shall however complete an accident/sickness certificate that should be presented to the participant’s insurance in order to obtain a refund on the activity. It is therefore advisable for clients to inform themselves on insurance options prior to the activity.
|2023 Dec 16 to Dec 29||Discover Glacier Hiking One Day in private: 1 to 4 people||$473.57|
|2023 Dec 30 to 2024 Jan 5||Discover Glacier Hiking One Day in private: 1 to 4 people||$522.01|
|2024 Jan 6 to Feb 9||Discover Glacier Hiking One Day in private: 1 to 4 people||$473.57|
|2024 Feb 10 to Feb 23||Discover Glacier Hiking One Day in private: 1 to 4 people||$522.01|
|2024 Feb 24 to Apr 19||Discover Glacier Hiking One Day in private: 1 to 4 people||$473.57|
The rates above are subject to 10% Tax/Service Charge.
Payments accepted in US Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Euros, British Pound, Swiss Franc, Australian Dollars, New Zealand Dollars.
Major credit cards accepted in US Dollars.