Fun and playful learning, adapted to your children! Children will progress at their own pace and learn while having fun with a qualified instructor in a friendly atmosphere! We offer 4 intermediate ski courses:
Level: YETI 1
Required Level: For children who have completed the "Petit Yeti" course (or equivalent). Must be able to get back up on your own after a fall, know how to use ski lifts, be able to snowplow turn and parallel ski through green slopes.
Learning: You will learn how to jump turn on easy slopes, advanced ski techniques, how to cross directly through slopes (with egde grip). You will also learn altitude and balance control with your poles and how to snowplow turn with "sudden" skidding finish on green slopes.
Level: YETI 2
Required Level: For children who have completed the "Yéti 1" course (or equivalent). Must be able to jump turn on easy slopes, know how to turn with skis parallel and be able to cross directly though slopes with edge grip.
Learning: You will learn how to do rounded and angle skidding, how to cross though slopes in varied terrain by going over bumps and dips. You will also learn how to have better altitude control on your skis (position of the hands, pole handling techniques) and how to parallel turn on blue slopes.
Level: YETI 3
Required Level: For children who have completed the "Yéti 2" course (or equivalent). Must be able to parallel turn on blue slopes.
Learning: You will learn how to brake while skidding, how to use vertical movements to initiate your turns, how to scull on red slopes. You will also learn how to master better ski techniques and how to parallel turn while using your poles on red slopes.
Level: SUPER YETI
Required Level: For children who have completed the "Yéti 3" course (or equivalent). Must be able to scull and parallel turn on red slopes.
Learning: You will learn how to improve all types of turns on black slopes, how to do brake sculling, carving initiation and ski in varied terrain. You will also be initiated to freestyle skiing in a secure and equipped snowpark.
USEFUL INFORMATION FOR THE 4 COURSES:
- Lunch: it is possible to have lunch on site for children doing only the morning course (outside school holidays), or full days. Please have a look at our “additional information” section at the bottom of the page.
- Number of participants: 4 to 8 children maximum per instructor. If the minimum of 4 children is not reached, the lesson will not take place. You will then be notified 48 hours in advance.
- We ask that you book all meals before the Wednesday preceding the start of the course (no day-to-day meal reservations).
- For children with food allergies or intolerances, please provide them with a lunch pack to have with the group at the Panda Club (we cannot grant discounts on the price as the child has a seat reserved in the chalet).
- Specifically for school holidays: lunches during school holidays are only possible for full day lessons.
This rate does not include:
- The rental of your child's equipment.
- Lift pass: "Chamonix Le Pass"
Arrival Instructions / What to Bring:
- Groups of 4 to 8 children per ski instructor. If the minimum of 4 is not reached the group can not be created. We will then contact you 48h before.
- The meeting point will be at the Panda Club in Argentière, at the foot of the Plan Joran ski lift. The group will then go up to the ski slopes of the Grands Montets area accompanied by an instructor for the duration of the course.
- To respect the progress of the groups, It is not possible to add-on another child to the course from the Tuesday, nor is it possible to reintegrate a child who has been absent.
- Please label all your child's equipment: Skis, poles and helmet.
Additional Notes: - Please note the course level that child will be attending, at the booking time.
Booking Policy Full payment is required at reservation.
- 20% is non refundable at time of booking.
- Less than 15 days and up to 7 days before the start of your activity: 20% is forfeited plus a 15€ administration fee is applicable on any reservation less than 300€. A 30€ administration charge is applicable on any reservation of 300€ or more.
- 100% forfeited if cancelled within 7 days prior to activity starts.
- Reservation changes after a service/activity is confirmed is subject to a $35 change fee.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, The provider shall not be held liable for any harm, injury or damage sustained by any participant during any the performance of any activity. The provider holds public liability insurance which shall only be used and activated when The provider is found to be at fault by a competent court of justice.
The provider does not insure participants during the performance of any activity and strongly recommends that each participant purchases separate individual accident or travel insurance from a company of their choice.
All participants shall be responsible for their own actions and shall take responsibility for their own person and those around them. All participants shall be held fully responsible for any harm, injury or damage occasioned by them to any third party.
All participants accept and acknowledge that The provider’s public liability insurance shall not cover such incidents.
In the event of an accident, the instructor shall initiate and manage the rescue and evacuation procedures until the arrival of the on-site competent authority (piste security, fire brigade, doctor, police,etc.).
The provider shall complete an accident report with the relevant instructor and the same shall be communicated to the injured party.
All costs associated with the accident, including any costs of assistance and evacuation shall be borne by the participant.
In the case of an accident or sickness which prevents the person from participating in an activity, The provider will not provide a direct refund. The provider shall however complete an accident/sickness certificate that should be presented to the participant’s insurance in order to obtain a refund on the activity. It is therefore advisable for clients to inform themselves on insurance options prior to the activity.
|5 Days, Per Child, 9am - 11:30am 5 Days, Per Child, 2pm - 4:30pm 5 Days, Per Child, 9am - 4:30pm
|$281.97 $238.59 $623.59
The rates above are subject to 10% Tax/Service Charge.
Payments accepted in US Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Euros, British Pound, Swiss Franc, Australian Dollars, New Zealand Dollars.
Major credit cards accepted in US Dollars.