Villa Ylang Ylang Villa I, Dominica. Does the thought of a magical treehouse escape appeal to you? Perhaps a treehouse that is part of the only five-star property in Dominica makes it even more attractive? If so, a stay at the stunning new Villa Ylang Ylang Villa I is a great choice. Part of the world-class Secret Bay Resort, it is an entirely new concept in villas and provides travelers with access to the resort’s premiere amenities and services, too.
Guests of the one-story, treetop villa enjoy use of the resort’s signature gourmet restaurant, a fitness and wellness pavilion with instructors and classes, a treehouse-style spa with treatments for couples or singles, two private beaches, an array of water sports and the attentive service of a personal concierge.
Named for the famous flowers after which the villa is designed, the remarkable property features astonishing private amenities. Climb the wooden stairs up to the villa and to one side is a large and welcoming deck that is home to the charming plunge pool. Designed as an infinity edge pool, it features sun decks and offers privacy as well as great views of the water in the distance.
The villa itself is an open-air concept with the gourmet kitchen full of stainless-steel appliances and high-end equipment residing out on the covered deck. Emulating a great room style, it features a dining room area and lounge, too. Stepping through the oversized glass doors brings a guest to the single, stylish bedroom. A large and beautifully decorated room, it includes a platform bed, an ensuite bath, and a private terrace where fresh air can be allowed in throughout the day or night. The bathroom features an oversized plunge tub.
Villa Ylang Ylang Villa I provides travelers with a remarkably stylish retreat in a unique location. Tucked into the treetops and peeking up through the canopy like a flower, it is sure to become a fast favorite.
About the Resort: Secret Bay is the only 5-star resort on Dominica, the Caribbean’s “Nature Island,” and winner of the 2016 World’s Best Boutique Hotel award. The eco-luxury resort features an intimate collection of private, fully-appointed, sustainably-crafted cliff top villas, set amidst a dramatic rainforest promontory overlooking the azure Caribbean Sea, and includes:
- Six one-bedroom villas, each with residential-style indoor and outdoor living spaces, tropical hardwoods, private plunge pools and fully-appointed European bathrooms and gourmet kitchens with state-of-the-art Siemens appliances;
- Dedicated villa attendants and adventure concierge
- A centrally-located, sit-down restaurant offering locally-sourced fare, in addition to our trademark in-villa dining and personalized kitchen pre-stocking services;
- Wellness pavilion that serves as a riverside destination for intimate wellness classes;
- Serene treehouse-style spa offering an array of solo and couple treatments
- Two secluded beaches
- Complimentary access to paddle boards, kayaks, snorkel gear, GoPros, high-speed Wi-Fi and smart-home technology on each villa’s iPhone, Kindle and Apple TV
- Personal travel concierge
- Pre-stocked Organic Breakfast Basket, filled with a supply of farm fresh eggs, organic fruit and all homemade granola, yogurt, bread, jam, dried fruit and local lemongrass and cocoa teas, and replenished on request for the guests’ duration of stay.
Bedroom 1: Bedroom with a double bed, A/C, ceiling fan, TV, access to terrace and en-suite bathroom with bathtub, double vanity and WC. 2 guests maximum.
Interior Access Bedrooms: 1
Once a vacation home is selected, the pampered adventure begins. Our concierge team will assist with creating a magical and immersive vacation experience. Our services include
While available for advanced requests, the concierge team connects with guests 30 days prior to arrival to coordinate arrivals and to reserve desired services and experiences. Guests with scheduled Christmas/New Year stays will be contacted 90 days prior to arrival.