Right now, the world’s most amazing vacation spots sit idle and quiet. We’ve all seen images of famous sites like Venice, New York City, and many other destinations empty of their usual crowds. It is not that these best vacation spots have lost their glimmer, it is due to the current pandemic. Because millions of people are at home and looking for distractions, it has become something of an “armchair traveler” season.
This is why there are lots of trending destinations, though no one is traveling. People are looking for amazing vacation ideas, vacation spots close to home, and great vacation spots in the world, for the time when we can all enjoy travel again.
Best Vacation Spots in the US
So, just where are the best vacation spots for those eager to get out and traveling as soon as it is possible? We have a list of some of the best vacation spots for singles in the US, as well as good vacation spots for couples and families or groups below:
- North Carolina – Home to the Outer Banks on its eastern shore and the Great Smoky Mountains at its borders with Tennessee to the west, this is always among the top and best vacation spots in general. However, with people seeking idyllic domestic travel locations within easy reach and at an affordable price, North Carolina is surging in interest. That makes now an ideal time to consider booking a private villa or cabin for a getaway in the summer or autumn season.
- San Diego – Known for its amazing weather all year long, it is the perfect choice for an affordable holiday that promises excellent conditions. The city has a lot of waterfront villas that are sized for one, two or many more. They will offer a full destination with a private pool, lots of outdoor spaces to sunbathe, dine, stargaze, and more. And, of course, there are all of the amusement parks, outdoor areas, natural spaces, and options for sightseeing and day trips in every direction.
- Orlando – A perennial favorite among travelers due to the high number of amusement parks and recreational sites, it is also a spot for beach lovers and those who hope to spend lots of time soaking up the sun. And because of the wide variety of full-sized, luxury villas and condos available, travelers can keep costs well under control by enjoying the use of a gourmet kitchen, entertainment system, and amenities on the premises.
- Colorado – With locations like Vail and Denver waiting for travelers to explore, it is a year-round destination. One thing to consider about Colorado is that it is much cooler in the heat of the summer season as well as offering autumn and winter activities. If you are looking for outdoor fun, this is certainly one of the best vacation spots, but it also has a great deal to offer with its cities.
- Hawaii – While this island state has always been at the top of the lists of great vacation spots, it has also joined the ranks of most affordable travel destinations. For an array of reasons, the cost of traveling to and staying in the state of Hawaii has leveled off over the course of the past decade. Today, visitors can head to the Big Island, Oahu, Maui, and Kauai and find an array of private accommodations. There are luxury villas on the beautiful beaches as well as in the hills or mountain areas.
And what about some of the most amazing spots in the world to book travel for the coming seasons? There are a lot of spots that have the same appeal as the domestic sites listed above. They are easily reached, affordably priced, and offer a tremendous amount to see and do, along with accommodations that might be the destination themselves.
The Caribbean Calls
At the top of the list of the best travel spots for the coming year would be the many different islands of the Caribbean. Home to an amazing array of luxury rentals to rent for brief getaways or longer stays, they are each unique and yet offer such enjoyable activities as beaches, hiking, swimming, water sports, dining, shopping, and more.
And while we might all hesitate to head to Europe because of the fears created by the recent pandemic, it is anticipated to be fully recovered by the summer season of 2020. That means that some of its top destinations will be ready for you to pay a visit soon.
For example, Provence in France is a perpetual favorite among travelers and especially in the summer and autumn months. This is because the weather grows quite fine and the abundant produce of the region is available at the many farm to table eateries and gourmet restaurants throughout the region. It is also when the stunning lavender fields are in full bloom, and when it would be a perfect moment to rent one of the many luxury villas in the area.
The same can be said of the irresistible charms of Tuscany in Italy, or the stunning Greek islands that have long drawn travelers from all over the world. While all of the islands are appealing, some of the best vacation spots include those on Mykonos or Corfu.
Travelers may also want to consider the beauty of the Alps during the summer and autumn months, rather than skipping the seasons and waiting for winter snows and ski areas to open. As an example, the famous Val D’Isere area is quite wonderful as a summer destination, as is Verbier in Switzerland.
There are so many popular and top vacation areas in the world – both domestic and abroad – and we did not even mention regions like New Zealand and Fiji with their stunning scenery and affordable holiday options.
Now is a great time to think of all of the places you want to go when travel is once again possible, and perhaps even book an adventure for this summer or fall.