There is an old saying about it being darkest before the dawn, and those who love travel should think of the current period as that hour or so before the sun peeps up over the horizon. Though global travel has halted or been severely restricted, the time when such bans exist will come to an end and the world can begin again.
However, many will feel concerned about health and safety when traveling. Even if travelers have few worries about such matters, it will always pay to the safest and most sanitary ways to travel. Private, luxury rentals offer one of the best ways to enjoy a visit of any length or duration, and in the cleanest most controllable conditions possible.
Whether travel is for leisure or work, a luxury villa is among the easiest ways to limit exposure to a long list of potentially harmful materials, including viral agents. How? It helps a traveler to avoid close contact with people who may carry a germ or virus.
While it is, naturally, a space that is kept ultra-clean and disinfected, it is also a space that is entirely yours to enjoy. Every doorknob, sink, countertop, piece of furniture, terrace, pool, book or remote control…the list of areas where exposure is reduced to you and your party is endless.
Think Like Business or Corporate Travelers
For many decades, business travelers have always looked at private villas and luxury homes as the ideal space to stay. This makes sense when your visit will be much longer than a quick weekend. For instance, a business trip may mean weeks or months in one area, and a luxury villa would be far more home-like and conducive to well-being.
Yet there is more to it, just consider what a private luxury villa also offers:
- Far more space – Even an upscale resort suite has far less space than a private and luxury villa. There will be a full-sized living room, dining area, kitchen, bedrooms, and outdoor spaces. Most have a space to use as a home office, and will even feature high-speed Internet, making it easy to work, travel, and relax in one, clean and quiet area.
- Privacy – You limit exposure in a private villa because there are no shared elevators, hallways, dining areas, fitness spaces, and so on. Every area is yours and without any risks from others.
- Healthier meals – In a luxury villa, you will have full use of a large, gourmet-friendly kitchen. This means healthier meals that you can prepare yourself. Some even have pantry services that fill the cupboards for you before arriving, re-stock while there, and may include a private cook or chef to make meals.
- Traffic – It is an obvious factor that is easy to overlook, but a luxury villa has seen far less traffic from the public than even the finest resort suite. Only a few people will have touched the different surfaces or spaces inside of the property, guaranteeing healthier conditions.
- Outdoor spaces – Fresh air and sunlight are a virus’s worst enemies and yet it can be difficult to get out and enjoy yourself in the outdoors if you are in a crowded or heavily booked property. With a luxury villa, though, you are guaranteed a large, sunny and private terrace, and may even have private beachfront, a larger garden or landscape, multiple outdoor living areas (dining pavilions, gazebos, and so on). You may even have a plunge pool or swimming pool of your own!
- Entertainment – Though you have those outdoor spaces to enjoy, many luxury villas also provide their guests with the very best in in-house entertainment options. Home cinemas, high-end electronics, optimized sound systems, music, and video streaming, and that high-speed Wi-Fi that allows you to enjoy a podcast, movie, or another streaming service even if sunning yourself on a terrace.
- The whole family – Another of the major benefits of a luxury villa is that it can be booked for a larger group or family. For example, it is not at all unusual to find villas sized for groups of ten or more, with private rooms and baths for everyone in the party. This means multiple generations can be safely housed in a clean and sanitary setting.
While traveling in this particular period can be difficult or even impossible, it won’t remain that way for long. Now is the perfect time to explore options for a safe, healthy and enjoyable break with your family or closest friends. One of the most sanitary places to book a visit is in a large, family-friendly or larger villa. It will have all of the benefits already mentioned, plus the bonus of being in a wonderful location. After all, most luxury villas are built because they can exist in a stunning destination close to beaches, mountains, or amazing scenery.
And if you are worried that the rates are higher, just consider what experts say about them. As one travel enthusiast explained, one of the largest “misconceptions about luxury travel is the assumption that hotels offer the best rates. But if you’re traveling with a group of people, or booking an extended stay, you’ll probably find that few hotels can compete with the value of money you get from renting a luxury villa.
Whether you’re looking for two bedrooms or twelve, the room rates are often more affordable…” Add to it the fact they are self-contained and include all of the amenities without added charges for food, drinks, and activities and you see why it is such a great option.
Now is a Good Time to Explore the Options
For now, experts can only guess at how long the current health crisis will impact travel plans. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t make your next big plans for a holiday or getaway with family and friends. It is the perfect moment to explore the many options and destinations for luxury travel that has private villas available. The locations are as far-ranging as the Caribbean to the Fiji Islands, Orlando to Maui, and beyond. Start enjoying the light at the end of the tunnel by making your next travel plans, today.