Villa Ylang Ylang Villa II, Dominica. Ylang Ylang Villa II provides solo travelers or couples seeking the ultimate romantic retreat with a truly unusual setting – a treehouse-like space tucked into a world-class resort. Part of the Secret Bay Resort, it is the only five-star property in all of Dominica. While the gorgeous design of the one-bedroom villa is enough to pique travelers’ interest, the resort seals the deal.
After all, as part of a stay, guests enjoy visits to the resort’s signature gourmet restaurant, a fitness and wellness pavilion with instructors and classes, a treehouse-style spa with treatments for couples or singles, two private beaches, an array of water sports and the attentive service of a personal concierge.
They also savor the remarkable amenities and luxuries of their eco-friendly villa. Emerging through the canopy, the platform villa is reached by a set of steps, and at the top is a remarkable find. In addition to the classic wooden villa, there is also an expansive deck with plunge pool and sun deck. An infinity-edge pool, it offers a wonderful spot from which to star gaze or enjoy the views.
Inside the villa, the concept puts a lot of emphasis on enjoying the setting. The great room is open to the air and while it features the classic high, wooden ceiling and open floor plan, it is also open in a way similar to a large porch or verandah. It includes a modern kitchen with premium appliances, a cozy lounging area and a full-sized dining space. There are double doors into the villa where the single bedroom is found.
Furnished with a platform double bed, it includes a private terrace area, and a large and private bath that features an oversized plunge tub that gazes out to the canopy and scenery beyond.
When a romantic or tranquil getaway is the goal, the Villa Ylang Ylang Villa II has all that is needed for an unforgettable experience.
About the Resort: Secret Bay is the only 5-star resort on Dominica, the Caribbean’s “Nature Island,” and winner of the 2016 World’s Best Boutique Hotel award. The eco-luxury resort features an intimate collection of private, fully-appointed, sustainably-crafted cliff top villas, set amidst a dramatic rainforest promontory overlooking the azure Caribbean Sea, and includes:
- Six one-bedroom villas, each with residential-style indoor and outdoor living spaces, tropical hardwoods, private plunge pools and fully-appointed European bathrooms and gourmet kitchens with state-of-the-art Siemens appliances;
- Dedicated villa attendants and adventure concierge
- A centrally-located, sit-down restaurant offering locally-sourced fare, in addition to our trademark in-villa dining and personalized kitchen pre-stocking services;
- Wellness pavilion that serves as a riverside destination for intimate wellness classes;
- Serene treehouse-style spa offering an array of solo and couple treatments
- Two secluded beaches
- Complimentary access to paddle boards, kayaks, snorkel gear, GoPros, high-speed Wi-Fi and smart-home technology on each villa’s iPhone, Kindle and Apple TV
- Personal travel concierge
- Pre-stocked Organic Breakfast Basket, filled with a supply of farm fresh eggs, organic fruit and all homemade granola, yogurt, bread, jam, dried fruit and local lemongrass and cocoa teas, and replenished on request for the guests’ duration of stay.
Bedroom 1: Bedroom with a double bed, A/C, ceiling fan, TV, access to terrace and en-suite bathroom with bathtub, double vanity and WC. 2 guests maximum.
Interior Access Bedrooms: 1
Once a vacation home is selected, the pampered adventure begins. Our concierge team will assist with creating a magical and immersive vacation experience. Our services include
While available for advanced requests, the concierge team connects with guests 30 days prior to arrival to coordinate arrivals and to reserve desired services and experiences. Guests with scheduled Christmas/New Year stays will be contacted 90 days prior to arrival.